Department of Production Engineering
Address for Correspondence:
Prof. Prakash Kumar
Department of Production Engg
BIT Sindri, P.O.: Sindri Institute, Sindri
Dist: Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India PIN: 828123
Phone: +91-9431340536, +91-8809274758
Email: prakashkr[at]bitsindri.ac.in, kprakash_71[at]yahoo.co.in
The Department of Production Engineering, first in Asia, was started in the year 1955 with substantial financial assistance coming from TATAs. The intake to the four years B.Tech degree course is 64 (54 and 10 lateral entry i.e. Diploma to Degree) and the academic program is multidisciplinary in its approach. The members of the faculty are actively engaged in the R & D work and have large number of publications to their credit.
The curriculum of Production engineering encompasses the contents with engineering materials, casting technology, machining technology, physical and mechanical joining processes, tool engineering, metrology, manufacturing systems, automation and Rapid manufacturing .In a typical industry, once the design is realized, production engineering concepts regarding work-study, ergonomics, operation research, tooling, manufacturing management, materials management, production planning, transportation etc., play important roles in efficient production processes.
To establish a world class academy for Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering
- Consultancy in design, manufacturing and industrial engineering
- Industry institute interaction
- Quest for industrial collaboration
- Curriculum development with state of art technologies
Objectives of the Department of Production Engineering
- To develop the curriculum beyond the regular hour to impart practical real life training to the students and teachers. To arrange seminar, symposium, expert/guest lectures etc on regular basis to expose students and teachers in the current trend.
- Pursue research interests of manufacturing and industrial engineering
Strengths of the Department
- The students are trained through the program and will be well equipped with quantitative techniques of management decisions coupled with the knowledge of recent & newly developed technology, computer applications, so that they will be capable for significant contribution to industries, business and Govt. organization at all levels of decision making.
The students are present round the globe. The students are recruited by industries in almost all PSU’s, Manufacturing industries, FMCG Consultancies and Financial firms and IT/ Software services.
Some of the companies that have recruited the students are:
PSU’s: IOCL, SAIL, NTPC, BARC, Coal India, ONGC.
Manufacturing/FMCG: Schlumberger, ITC, Bosch, Tata Motors, Tata Steel, Daimler, Electrosteel, Maruti and Suzuki, TVS, Hero Motocorp, Danieli, Hindalco, Ispat, etc.
Finance/Insurance: Deutsche bank, Capital One, American Express, Goldman Sachs, CitiBank, Capital Dynamics, Credit Suisse, HSBC etc.
IT/Software services/Consultancy/Analytics: HT media analytics, Essex lake group, JDA, IBM, Oracle, ZS Associates, PWC, Wipro, Impetus, Cognizant, Egain, TCS, HCL, Infosys, Opera solutions, Deloitte, Ernst and Young, Capgemini , Genpact, Byte Consulting, Sapient, etc.
The students also get exposure by attending various events and seminars organized round the year. Some of the events and seminars that are organized are:
- Production Engineering Society
- “PRODYOTSAV”- Event organized by the Department.
- To get some hands on experience, students are taken to various industries nearby.
- SAE-Society of Automotive Engineers for the design, manufacturing, operation, and maintenance of automobiles designed by Mechanical and Production Engineering Department..
- Tech fest has events dedicated to Production/Industrial engineering.
- The department has well equipped laboratories including Robotics and Flexible Manufacturing Systems (FMS) laboratory and a library in the department.
- Electrochemical Machining set
- EDM Drill Model Rapid Drill
- CNC Wire cut EDM (Model EZEECUT PLUS)
- Industrial ROBOT
- The Dept. is having a modern Computer Lab, Conference Hall
- Research in the field of SAP, Rapid prototyping, and FMS
- Production Society organizes regular national seminars, symposiums and guest lecture
- Industrial tours are organized to SAIL, TATA, CLW, HEC etc.
- Flexible Manufacturing Systems La
- Robotics Lab
- Tool Designing Lab
- CAD/CAM Lab
- Production Workshop
- Ergonomics and Work study
- TMCF Lab
- Welding Lab
- Computer Lab with Java, C++
- MOS/KOM Lab
- FM Lab
|List of Faculty Members|
|Sl. No.||Name of Faculty Mmber||Designation||Phone No.||Email ID (Replace [at] by [at])|
|01.||Prof. Prakash Kumar||Assistant Professor (Senior Scale)||+91-9431340536 +91-8809274758||prakashkr[at]bitsindri.ac.in kprakash_71[at]yahoo.co.in rawatprakash3671[at]gmail.com|
|02.||Prof. Rakesh||Assistant Professor (Senior Scale)||+91-9431044711||rakesh[at]bitsindri.ac.in|
|03.||Prof. A.R. Ansari||Assistant Professor||aransari[at]bitsindri.ac.in|
|04.||Prof.Subodh Kumar||Assistant Professor||+91-8987645495||subodhkr[at]bitsindri.ac.in|
# Click on the name for Curriculum vitae.
Important: In email IDs, please replace [at] by @.