SAE India BIT Sindri
Who we are: We at SAEINDIA BIT SINDRI provide with the young budding talents an opportunity to design, develop, manufacture and test vehicles which operate on land. We as a Team, Participate in two of the major events organized by SAEINDIA namely BAJA & SUPRA. ROBOTICS is an integral part of SAEINDIA BIT SINDRI. We offer assistance to the fresher's to guide them in this field and equip them with adequate knowledge so that they can participate in various Technical events at Home Campus and elsewhere. In addition to that we also guide and encourage our students to participate in technical workshops, seminars, technical symposiums, various paper presentations, projects & ongoing research works in field of latest automotive technology.
Inception: It was the March of 2010 when SAEINDIA BIT SINDRI chapter was formed with a vision of developing and sustaining a new Technical culture in BIT SINDRI.
Talking about the Achievements of SAEINDIA BIT SINDRI, we can proudly say that since it’s inception the society has a number of achievements to its name, some of them are enlisted here :
- Team wonders designed and manufactured an all terrain vehicle to take part in BAJA SAEINDIA 2011. This team won the 2nd prize in most safe vehicle award category. We received a trophy and a sum of Rs. 50,000/- as the prize. The 22 lap (21Km) endurance race was held on the 30th January, 2011. The track was more grueling than the BAJA track because of the steep inclines and dense slush.
- This team WONDER is the only team from Bihar and Jharkhand who been selected for the main event of BAJASAINDIA 2012.
- In the year 2012 we participated in the SUPRA SAE INDIA FORMULA RACING CAR event and up to dynamic stage.
We are also expecting similar ATV and free style formula car based events in the near future and are hoping to win those too. Members of this club also participate in various other technical events like robotics and paper publication, research, etc.
Some of the achievements of our society members are :-
- 1st prize for our submarine at IIT Kharagpur worth Rs 14,000.
- Preparation of a model of CNC drilling machine which won the 1st prize in our own college.
- 1st prize for our submarine at ISM.
- 2nd prize in cliff-capturer at ISM.
- 2nd and 3rd prize for our autonomous robot at ISM.
- 1st prize in over-night bridge (model) making at IIT Guwahati.
- A certificate from Boeing recognizing our efforts for our radio controlled glider at IIT Kharagpur.
- Finalist in innovative paper presentation at IIT Kharagpur.
- 3rd prize in on spot robotics IIT Guwahati.
- Our members have not only flourished in the field of technical aspects, but have also proved their mettle in the academics by often becoming the Branch Toppers of their respective branches. Some have even gained the honor of becoming The Grand Topper of this Premier Institute of Jharkhand.
- Over the year SAE members are also involved in different research works and submitting Research Papers in various Seminars and Journals.
Prof. Rajan Kumar,
Mechanical Engg. Dept.